- Career Center
- Giving Back
- Scholarship Fund
- Members Only
|Scholarship Eligibility & Guidlines|
STAC Fund Scholarship Guidelines
The Security Traders Association of Chicago has established a charitable fund to provide scholarship opportunities for a student that meets the eligibility requirements listed below. While STAC members, their spouses and/or their dependent children are eligible, relationship to a STAC member is not required to apply. The number of scholarships and the amount of each scholarship will be determined annually. Scholarships are non-renewable.
In 2019, the STAC Fund awarded 7 students a total of $39k. This year’s scholarship fund has up to $50k to award! We’re excited to introduce the $10K Michael J Guzy III Memorial Award honoring one student hockey athlete. Remaining scholarships will be awarded in amounts ranging from $2,500 to $5,000.
Application material is confidential, and selections are made by the STAC Fund Scholarship selection committee.
Awardees are requested to join a live stream on STAC’s social media presenting the winners on an undetermined, Summer 2020 date.
1. Candidate's academic record based on transcripts; merit-based
2. Candidate’s demonstrated financial need based on most recent tax return and annual household income; needs-based*
3. Involvement in school and community activities, and/or work experience
4. Quality of essay
5. Priority given to applicants residing within 50 miles from Chicago, either with permanent residence or residence at respective college or university
*See Application Form below or detailed STAC Fund Scholarship Rules and Guidelines for criteria required to be eligible for a needs-based scholarship.
The application is electronic and available below. A complete application will include:
1. The completed and digitally signed application form
2. An essay describing your career goals and how your educational plans relate to those goals
3. A resume listing work experience and/or a list of school and community activities
4. Two letters of recommendation: one from an instructor and one from a supervisor, employer, or clergy member
5. An official, cumulative transcript of academic work through the Fall term; For current college students, a PDF from a secure college website is acceptable
Evaluation of Applications
The STAC Fund Board is responsible for the selection of awardees.
Quantity of scholarship recipients is dependent on quantity of applications received and will be determined by the STAC Fund Board. Scholarship dollars awarded will be determined on a 50/30/20 rule.
Apart from the Michael J Guzy III Memorial Scholarship, the remaining scholarship dollars will be allocated as follows:
20% STAC Community Member or Relative
Completed applications and all supporting documents must be submitted online through the STAC website or via email to email@example.com with subject: 2020 STAC Fund Scholarship Application.
2020 Award Timeline