STAC Fund Scholarship Guidelines
The Security Traders Association of Chicago has established a Charitable Fund in part to provide scholarship opportunities for ANY student that meets the eligibility requirements listed below. While STAC members, their spouses and/or their dependent children are eligible, relationship to a STAC member is not required to apply. Scholarships are non-renewable. The number of scholarships and the amount of each scholarship will be determined annually.
Applications may be obtained online and are to be submitted to STAC office at 4210 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60641. Application material is confidential and selections are made by the STAC Fund Scholarship selection committee.
• The candidate must be planning to enroll as a full-time student, as defined by the college attended, or enrolled for at least 2 classes (six hours) if otherwise employed full-time. Enrollment must be in a two or four year college accredited by its regional accrediting association.
• The candidate must be pursuing a college or professional degree. High school seniors are eligible to apply.
• The candidate must have achieved at least a cumulative 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
Selection will be based on the candidate's academic record, promise for continued academic success and involvement in school and community activities as demonstrated from the information provided on the application, transcript, letters of recommendation and the quality of the essay.
The application is electronic and available below. A complete application will include:
1. The completed and signed application form
2. An essay in which you describe your career goals and how your educational plans relate to those goals.
3. A list your school and community activities.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation: one from an instructor: one from a supervisor, employer, or clergy member:
5. An official cumulative transcript of academic work through the Fall term. For current college students, a printout from a secure college website is acceptable.
Evaluation of applications and the selection of award recipients is the responsibility of the STAC Fund Board.
Completed applications and all supporting documents must be submitted online or via US mail postmarked by June 14, 2019 to:
SECURITY TRADERS ASSOCIATION CHICAGO SCHOLARSHIP FUND
4210 W. Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60641
All candidates will be notified of their status by the STAC Fund by July 12. The scholarship check will be mailed directly to the recipient's college by July 19, 2019.